Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
• Attend weekly jobsite meetings pertaining to outlook and direction
• Manage a crew of 4-5 employees
• Read and interpret civil plans
• Read and understand grade stakes
• Execute installation by governing municipalities
• Adopt latest technology
• Identify materials and casting types needed
• Moderate experience with a skid steer and mini excavator
• Remove and install one or several grade rings for final structure adjustment
• Alter elevations by installing, shimming, and or removing with stone, brick, block, and mortar
• Mortar seal the interior chimney/flume area
• Install new structure casting
• Occasionally form and pour adjacent curb tie in sections and sidewalk panel replacement
• Other duties as assigned
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Job requires ability to perform tasks on all areas and aspects of construction project. Requires ability to climb ladders for heights of up to 60 feet, and crawl for distances of 50 feet. Job requires ability to work with tools, lumber, and materials. Ability to lift and manipulate objects of up to 80 lbs. for 50 feet is required.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment may vary depending on work site.
By applying for this position, you are acknowledging that you understand HGC’s 65-mile geographic reach. You will be asked to move job sites as project needs change and your morning commute could reach 1 hour.
The job description noted above is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to give the employee a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of his/her position.
Hoopaugh Grading Company, LLC is an industry-recognized, award winning provider of construction services driven by our commitment to providing quality turn-key sitework packages for large industrial, commercial, and residential projects. Voted one of Charlotte Observer’s Top Places to Work, we strive to provide a friendly work environment that encourages productivity while promoting teamwork on every level. We value and promote the education, safety and well-being of our employees. Our comprehensive benefits package includes competitive wages and bonus earning potential, insurance coverage, retirement plan with company match, and employee training opportunities geared toward helping our employees reach their full potential.
Hoopaugh Grading Company, LLC is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant’s qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other basis prohibited by law.
Are you ready to make a difference and take a step towards becoming the best?